Siemens Biograph 16 PET CT Scanner Specifications and Clinical Uses
Find Siemens Biograph 16 PET CT Scanner Specifications, and Your Next Scanner
Welcome to Marquis Medical, the PET/CT specialists. We provide everything you need related to PET/CT. Whether you are looking for a complete reconditioned scanner system at a great price, affordable maintenance and repair services, or pre-owned scanner parts, you will find it all at Marquis Medical. Our customers regularly search the web for scanner specifications, in order to determine whether a scanner system is suitable for their needs. In this article, we will focus on Siemens Biograph 16 PET CT scanner specifications, as well as the clinical uses this system is suited for.
With decades in the field of PET/CT, our founders set out to fill a void in the PET/CT service industry. Today, we are known for our service programs, and much more. Keep reading for the information you need about the Siemens Biograph 16, then search our inventory for scanners we have in stock, or browse our services!
Specifics for the Siemens Biograph 16 PET CT Scanner
Below, find the specifications for the Siemens Biograph 16 PET CT scanner, courtesy of DotMed:
- Axial Fov : 162 mm
- Cooling, Btu/Hr : 8,467, air/water cooled, 2.48 kW
- Crystal Size : 4 mm x 4 mm x 20 mm
- Display : 18″ flatscreen, 1280 x 1024
- Gantry Size, Cm : 200 x 228 x 168 (78.7 x 89.8 x 66.1)
- Maximum Count Rate, Cps @50% Dead Time : 930,000 @ 29 kBq/cc; NECR<1>
- Max. Patient Weight Capacity : 204 kg
- Minimum Room Size : 7.9 x 5 m, scanner room; 3.2 x 4 m, operator room
- Patient Port Diameter : 70 cm
- Power Supply Voltage (PET): 230 VAC, 50/60 Hz, 1.75 kVA; optional 400 VAC, 3-phase, 50 Hz, 1.75 kVA; CT: 400/480 VAC, 3-phase, 50/60 Hz, 104 kVA
- Reconstruction Time, Sec : <2 min/bed (PET), 10 slice/sec (CT)
Clinical Uses for the Siemens Biograph 16 TruPoint
The Siemens Biograph 16 improves the patient experience by virtue of the faster scan speeds and low patient doses it enables. An ideal system for smaller oncology clinic settings, the Biograph 16 “offers 2 mm uniform PET resolution throughout the field of view and a two-time improvement in signal-to-noise ratio, which provides for small lesion detection,” according to MedGadget. How is fast scanning and low patient radiation dose accomplished? Through the Siemens TrueV extended PET field of view. Thanks to this feature, providers can achieve scans either twice as fast, or at half the patient dose.
Want More from Marquis Medical?
Speak with an expert at Marquis Medical to discuss your clinic’s needs. Find out how the scanners in our inventory compare to the Biograph 16. Learn about our maintenance programs, which we tailor individually to the institutions we work with. We look forward to serving you!
Sources for This Article:
Siemens Biograph 16 PET/CT – DotMed