Siemens 64 Slice CT Scanner Specifications: Siemens Sensation and Definition
Essential Information on Siemens 64 Slice CT Scanner Specifications
For clinics that know they need a 64 slice scanner, Siemens – like with many of their products – offers ideal solutions. Here we will dive into the Siemens 64 slice CT scanner specifications to fully inform clinics and enable them to make the best decision for their needs.
Siemens SOMATOM Sensation 64 is a dependable scanner and one for which Siemens is well-known. This reliable machine is one of the best on the market and is a high-quality offering from Siemens. The Definition AS is a more versatile option for those clinics that require some flexibility in their scanner. Here, we will dive into the information a clinic must have around both of these scanners to make the best decision.
Siemens SOMATOM Sensation 64 Slice CT Scanner
The award-winning sensation series has given clinics top of the line results in every installation that it has to offer. The 64 slice edition of the Sensation series is no exception to the consistent excellence from Siemens. Before the Sensation 64, there was no CT scanner with the ability to take 192 images per second of the heart. This is the scanner that broke that barrier.
The Sensation 64 puts patient safety first with a 70% reduction in the required radiation dosage and does so with no compromise to image quality and clarity. Even the smallest and most complex images of areas like the inner ear bones and joints can be captured and viewed easily.
Below are Siemens 64 slice CT scanner specifications for the Sensation 64.
- 0.33mm isotropic resolution (standard)
- 0.24mm isotropic resolution (with z-UHR option)
- Cardiac imaging rotation time of .33 seconds
- UDF detector
- Spiral artifact-free imaging
- STRATON X-ray tube technology
- z-Sharp technology
- Routine exam detection of soft plaques
- 70% reduction in radiation dose
- Sub-millimeter coverage: 87 mm/s
- Data Acquisition (slices/rotation): 64
- 0 MHU X-Ray tube: STRATON with 5 MHU/min cooling rate
- Generator peak power: 80 kW
- CARE Dose4D
- SafeCT Low-dose Solution
- Configuration: Multislice helical
- # of slices: 64
- Power: 380-480 VAC, 3-phase, 63-111 kVA
- Siting Requirements: 24 m2 (floor space needed)
Other Siemens 64 Slice CT Scanner Specifications
The versatile SOMATOM Definition AS also comes with an available 64 slice modification. The scanner comes with upgradability with a Stellar detector up to 128 slices that could be done entirely on-site. Stellar detector enabled systems have the ability to measure smaller signals, all with a greater width in dynamic range.
- Full FAST CARE functionality
- High performance image reconstruction
- State-of-the-art cardio-vascular imaging
- Industry best spatial resolution
- High-speed whole body coverage
- Virtually no patient exclusion
- Comprehensive low dose CT portfolio
Both Siemens Sensation and Siemens Definition AS are top of the line scanners that enable a clinic astounding servicing capabilities. The Definition AS has the edge for versatility, but Siemens Sensation is a flagship of the industry for good reasons. When exploring options for 64 slice scanners, it is a mistake to look past these two scanners from Siemens.
Make a Service Request with Marquis Medical
Make a Training Request with Marquis Medical